Merkel Attacked Turkey About the Offensive in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel criticized Turkey for the offensive in the Syrian city of Afrin. The German leader also criticized the ongoing attacks by the Syrian army in East Ghouta near Damascus.
In front of lawmakers in the Bundestag, the Chancellor said the German government condemned the bombing of Eastern Ghouta "in the most categorical manner". She pointed out the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad, but also accused Russia of "just looking" and not interfering.
Commenting on the battle for Afrin, Merkel said Turkish actions are unacceptable.
"I also condemn this in a most categorical way," she added.
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria and 15 other EU Countries will Work For a European Supercomputer
- » Germany to Accept 10,000 Refugees From North Africa, Middle East
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria