Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
The German publication Deutsche Welle has produced a documentary in Bulgaria about one of the older traditions of the Roma minority with regards to marriage.
The documentary follows a Kalaidzhi family as they attempt to find a husband for their daughter, and it explores the differences between the young Roma and the older generations.
In Bulgaria the Roma majority faces a number of social issues stemming from a combination of complex history, as well as cultural issues and discrimination. The result is that they have for a long time experienced social isolation, and as a result have maintained some older traditions which seem strange to outsiders.
While the subject may be somewhat controversial, Deutsche Welle approaches it in a sensible and human manner.
- » Sofia Hosts International Literary Festival for Children and Youngsters
- » Rapper Kendrick Lamar Wins Pulitzer Prize
- » Three New Bands at the HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » 14th Edition of the European Museum Night will Take Place on May 19th
- » Master of Art Film Festival Features 77 Titles from Around the World
- » Embryo Live in Plovidiv