18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
2017 was good for Bulgarian aviation, with a significant increase of the passengers transported by about 18 per cent. A total of 11,500 thousand passengers were transported by regular and charter flights to and from Bulgaria during the past year. This is what Svetoslav Stanulov, Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines, said at the 16th Annual Meeting of the Air Carriers in Bulgaria.
He specified that this growth was mainly due to low-cost carriers, especially for Sofia Airport. The largest growth in international regular services is the largest and the share of charter flights is decreasing, he said. By international flights from and to Sofia the growth of passengers is 29 per cent, and to and from Varna and Burgas - 6 per cent.
At Sofia Airport they have passed 6.5 million (over 56 per cent), passengers, and in Varna and Burgas - 4.9 million passengers, or about 43 per cent of the total transported during the year.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay