Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
The privacy scandal rocking Facebook has cost the social media company nearly billion in market value over the past two days.
Facebook shares tumbled 6.8 percent Monday and another 2.56 percent Tuesday after news of the Cambridge Analytica data breach. The Facebook stock price is currently at 8.15.
At the end of last week Facebook’s market value was 7.69 billion. At the end of Tuesday it was at 8.48 billion.
The two-day rout is the worst since July 2012. That is the year that Facebook went public at a share.
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » The EC Offers Mandatory Fingerprints in ID Cards
- » Merkel, Macron Meet to Plot Euro Zone Reform Road Map
- » Americans Waste 150,000 Tons of Food per Day
- » Saudi Cinema Launch Ends Decades-old Ban, Public Screenings Start Friday