The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
The vote on the election of members of the European Parliament will be between 23 and 26 May 2019.
Such an agreement was reached by the Council of the European Union. Elections for MEPs are held every five years. Under the Act of 1976 for the election of members of the European Parliament, the next elections must take place from 6 to 9 June 2019. As the Member States considered it "impossible" for the elections to be held at that time, the Council agreed unanimously set alternative election dates.
After obtaining the opinion of the European Parliament, the Council is expected to formally adopt its decision before the end of June. The last MEP election took place on May 22 - 25, 2014.
- » Majority of Germans Want More Protection From Globalization
- » EU Clears Landmark Trade Agreement with Japan
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » The EC Offers Mandatory Fingerprints in ID Cards
- » Merkel, Macron Meet to Plot Euro Zone Reform Road Map
- » EU Parliament Demands Zuckerberg Answer Questions in Person