EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
European Union municipalities will today apply for European funding for wireless internet. The goal of the project to promote citizens' connectivity through the Internet is by 2025 to provide public services - municipal administrations, libraries and hospitals - with free Internet access.
he total budget of the initiative, which is led by the team of Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabriel, is EUR 120 million. Approved municipalities will receive 15 thousand euros.
The project will also allow small municipalities in Bulgaria to be spotted throughout Europe. Over the next 3 years, the initiative will provide Internet access to more than 8,000 local communities throughout the Union.
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » People in Europe with least Trust in the Media are Populists
- » Eurovision 2018: This is the Running Order of the Grand Final!
- » What is Europe Day and is anyone Celebrating?