Today Comes the Astronomical Spring
At 18.15 today the astronomical spring arrives.
The sun, in its visible movement in the ecliptic, crosses the spring equatorial point, and from the southern hemisphere passes into the north. This is also one of the two days of the year in which day and night are approximately equal in duration.
The period from the beginning of the astronomical spring to the beginning of the next astronomical spring is 365,24219 days. The spring equinox or the first spring day can be on different dates in different years - 19th, 20th or 21st March. The reason is the different length of the year according to the Gregorian calendar, as well as the geographical situation.
At the end of the week we will move to summer time. At 3.00 hours on March 25, we need to set our clocks one hour ahead.
The summer will come on June 21st. The day and night will again be approximately equal in duration with the onset of autumn. This autumn equinox is on September 23.
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions