The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
Rising electricity, natural gas and water prices to be appealed by citizens. National Ombudsman Maya Manolova turned to the Constitutional Court with such a request, reports Darik.
Under the current Energy Act, the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission approves limit values for the supply of heat and electricity, natural gas and water, but consumers can not appeal these decisions because they are not legally affected.
Judicial practice, according to the Ombudsman's team, shows that people are thus being subjected to illegal decisions by the EWRC.
The problem can be solved by editing texts of the Energy Act, Maya Manolova also believes.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.