China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
Since mid-February, there has been serious interest in the Belene NPP project from China's largest state-owned nuclear power company. This is what Energy Minister Temenujka Petkova said during today's parliamentary oversight, BNT reported.
Minister Petkova explained that the Chinese company has deposited a letter to the National Electricity Company, stating that they are interested in this project.
The Energy Minister also said last week that the European Investment Bank also said it was interested in financing this project. Petkova pointed out that the interest of the bank is also connected with many conventions, which are related to how this project will be financially structured, and what will be the return and the profit.
Temenujka Petkova added that the decision of the National Assembly on 2 March will be strictly complied with and the various options and suggestions for the most rational use of the Belene NPP equipment will be submitted to Parliament within the required timeframe. She said the Chinese company's deposited letter would be included in the draft decision.
"We are preparing such a proposal and a working group has already been set up in the ministry, which includes experts from BEH, NEC, Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility, Kozloduy NPP and ministry experts so that we can, within the deadline set by Parliament, make these proposals, and on the basis of the analyzes that will be prepared, to move forward, "added Petkova.
- » No Expectations of Increase in Fuel Prices in the summer season
- » The Kremlin: Turkish Stream will be Operational by December 30, 2019
- » Bahrain Makes Largest Oil Discovery in its History
- » The Price of Natural Gas Rises by 2.6% from April 1
- » Energy Operator for Central and Southeast Bulgaria EVN Wants a 7% Increase in Electricity Prices
- » Accident at Romania Nuclear Power Plant, Unit Shut Down