About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
We expect the sum of the winter tourist season in Bulgaria to be 1.2 million foreign tourists entering Bulgaria. There was a drop in ski tourism in early January due to the warm weather. Ski tourists will be about 190 thousand, with more than half of them in Bansko. This was pointed out by Rumen Draganov from the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Assessments in front of Bloomberg TV Bulgaria.
As far as Bansko is concerned, there are about 360 thousand overnight stays, which is a growth of 17%. This means that on average there were 6 thousand tourists, which means under ¼ occupancy of the bed base - 20-22%. This is average seasonal employment, these figures being low, but there is an increase compared to previous years.
This, according to Draganov, is due to the lack of alternative products such as culinary tourism, extreme tourism, etc.
During the Easter holidays, a large influx of Romanian tourists on the Black Sea coast is expected, where around 40 hotels will operate.
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay
- » Minister Angelkova is on a Working Visit to Argentina