8 Stations of the Third Metro Line will be Ready by Autumn 2019
''The third line of the metro, especially in the first phase, runs on schedule and we expect the first stage to be launched by autumn 2019'', said Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
She explained that this stage includes nearly 8 km of new metro lines and 8 metro stations. Trains for the new subway line are currently being produced. It is expected that 5 of the trains will be produced and come to Bulgaria this year.
"Most of this project is financed by the OP" Transport ". Of about half a billion euros, a total of about € 390 million is from EU funds. Of course, the participation of Sofia Municipality, the financial participation, is also essential. We have ensured that for the construction of more subway lines we will provide funds, so also on my insistence we started the second stage of the metro in Ovcha Kupel'', added the mayor of Sofia.
She added that parts of ''Pencho Slaveikov'' and ''Georgi Sofiiski'' boulevards are being restored.
The construction of the third line of the Sofia metro started in 2016 with the heaviest section between Krasno Selo and Little City Theatre "Off the Channel" in the center of the city.
- » Trucks will Pay a Toll Tax on About 55% of the Country's Roads
- » Further € 109 m Will Be Invested in Border Region between Bulgaria and Romania
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body