Tillarson: We have Exceeded the Expectations in Regards to North Korea
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced he would leave office at the end of the month after learning the news of his dismissal from President Donald Trump's profile on Twitter.
Until March 31, the functions of the American First Diplomat will be performed by Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan and then by Mike Pompeo, who has so far headed the CIA.
At a press conference on Tuesday evening, Tillerson reported as a great success North Korea's agreement to negotiate a waiver of its nuclear and missile program.
"In co-operation with our allies, with the campaign for maximum pressure on the DPRK, we have exceeded our expectations," he said.
But he says "much more work" is needed to clarify US relations with China and to deal with Russia's "problematic" behavior.
Tillerson admitted that US diplomats have not done enough to resolve the Syrian crisis
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna will Happen after All
- » US Embassy in Sofia Was Bugged by Communist Bulgaria's Intelligence till 1990, Ex Spy Reveals
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk