Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022
The Bulgarian Defense Ministry chose the Russian MiG Aircraft Corporation to provide the Air Force with the integrated logistics service for its 15 MiG-29 fighters for the next 48 months, Jane's 360 reports.
Bulgarian Defense Minister Krassimir Karakachanov signed the agreement on March 6 after talks with the Russian company ended on February 16th.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defense initially announced a contest on 7 December with the intention of concluding a Bulgarian-Russian agreement by the end of 2017. However, the process was interrupted on 19 December when the Ukrainian company "Nakrinash" appealed the auction.
- » To Deter Russia, US Needs New Low-yield Nukes, says STRATCOM Head
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume their Military Exercises on April 1
- » Europol: 800 People From the Western Balkans are in the Ranks of the "Islamic State"
- » NATO Set To Begin Move To New Brussels Headquarters
- » About 30,000 People in Europe Are Potentially Part of Terrorist Communities', Rob Wainwright Europol Director
- » The Total Military Budget of NATO Member States is $ 957 billion