The Man who Has Beaten his Girlfriend to Death in Sofia Remains in Custody
Bojidar Dimitrov, who has beaten to death his girlfriend in an apartment in Sofia, remains in custody. This was decided by the Sofia Court of Appeal.
The accused appealed the Sofia City Court's decision and said he had serious health and psychological problems and needs treatment.
However, no documents were submitted for these statements.
According to the court, the risk that Dimitrov is absconding or committing another crime is large. Because of this, the Appellate Court made a final decision and imposed on Dimitrov the most severe measure of detention in custody.
In the courtroom the accused admitted that he had murdered his girlfriend. He explained that he was under the influence of alcohol and did not want to get there.
The body of 23-year-old Veronica Petrova was found in an apartment in the metropolitan area of Svoboda on March 3rd. The accused and the victim lived together in the apartment.
Neighbors of the couple reported that they had reported loud noise several times, and that Dimitrov systematically beat his girlfriend.
- » Gunman Shot Dead by French Police After Two Killed in Trèbes Supermarket Hostage Situation (UPDATED)
- » Greek Authorities Seize 11 kg of Heroin at Athens Airport
- » BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman 'Kills Shop Worker' After Taking Hostages at French Supermarket
- » 34 Killed, Including 17 Children, in an Air Strike in Northwestern Syria
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack