The Monument of John Atanasoff in Sofia Could be Moved
The monument of John Atanassov, currently in front of the Sofia Chamber of Commerce, can be moved. The proposal comes from the company, owner of the property "Ng Property", which is managed by the businessman Vasil Bozhkov.
The expert-artistic council of Sofia Municipality, which owns the monument, has approved the transfer to the yard of the Technical University - Sofia, which is located in Darvenitsa district. Nevertheless, the consent of the author Valko Tsenov is necessary. Before bTV, however, he announced he was opposed to the idea because he made the bronze monument specially for this building. The location is chosen because it is related to technology and communications.
The monument was opened in 2003 in memory of the inventor of Bulgarian origin John Atanasov. The new owners of the Telephone Palace want to turn the building into a cultural center with a museum, and for that purpose they will rebuild and upgrade with one floor. The idea is to have over 3000 antique objects from Bozhkov's personal collection.
- » Trucks will Pay a Toll Tax on About 55% of the Country's Roads
- » Further € 109 m Will Be Invested in Border Region between Bulgaria and Romania
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body