The EC and the EP have Urged Member States to Ratify the Istanbul Convention
The European Commission and the European Parliament have called on EU Member States that have not yet ratified the Istanbul Convention to do so as soon as possible. This happened last night during a debate in the European Parliament in Strasbourg. All EU countries have signed the Convention, but only 17 have ratified it. Among the countries that are not yet Bulgaria is Bulgaria.
According to European Commission Vice President Andrus Ansip, the Convention has prompted intensive public debates in some countries due to misinterpretation and misinterpretation of the term "gender".
According to European socialists, the document is not an ideology, but an attempt to protect women from violence.
According to the European People's Party, the Istanbul Convention is the best tool to combat the violence against women that we currently have.
- » Conference on Long-term Sustainability and Innovation Infrastructures to Industry and Society
- » International Conference on the Future of Work
- » EU Presidency Puts Lagging Bulgarian Science in the Spotlight
- » The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
- » Fighting "Energy Poverty'' Will be Discussed Today at a Conference, Part of the Program of the Bulgarian EU Presidency
- » International Architecture Forum at the National Palace of Culture Dedicated to the Western Balkans