UN : Over 1,000 Need Urgent Medical Evacuation from Syria's Ghouta
More than 1,000 people, mostly women and children, are in urgent need of medical evacuations from Syria's besieged enclave of Eastern Ghouta, the United Nations said on Monday, cited by AFP .
"There are more than 1,000 people who require medical evacuations. The majority of them are women and children," Linda Tom said from the UN's humanitarian coordination office (OCHA) in Damascus.
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018
- » Croatia Pushes Treaty on Violence Against Women Despite Protests
- » Palestinian Ahed Tamimi Accepts Prison Term Plea Deal