The Turkish Court Sent 25 Journalists to Jail
A court in Istanbul sentenced 25 journalists to different terms of imprisonment - up to seven and a half years - on allegations of ties to the group, blamed as organizer of a failed coup d'état in 2016
Twenty-three of the journalists were convicted of membership in an armed criminal group, while two others had a lighter charge.
Nearly all of the convicted have worked in a media close to the group of the US-based cleric Fethullah Gullen, whom Ankara claims to be the organizer of the attempted coup. Gullen has always denied the accusations.
- » Former Playboy Model Says Trump Tried to Pay her after Sex
- » Czech PM Babis Says will 'Probably' Expel Russian Spies
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018