The First of the New Trains for the Sofia Metro is Ready (Photos)
The first of the new trains for the third line of the Sofia metro is ready and is in the process of technical testing. Four of the 20 machines are still in production and will begin arriving in Sofia this summer, said the mayor of the capital, Yordanka Fandakova.
The new trains are with reduced power consumption, less noise, and with the option to move without a driver. The whole train is passable, unlike the Russian carriages currently in use.
The new trains are manufactured by a consortium that includes Siemens and Nevag, Poland. They were selected as contractors in 2015, and the total value of the order was 418.3 million leva. There is an option to order 10 additional units.
The first part of the third subway line, which will connect Krasno Selo and Vladimir Vazov Blvd., should be ready in 2019.
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues
- » The Cabinet Decides Whether to Grant Easter Supplements to Pensions
- » 7 Years after the Start of the Toll System all Roads will be Repaired