Authorities Evacuate the Inhabitants of Two Villages Because of the Overflow of a Dam
The residents of two villages in the municipality of Hayredin have been evacuated because of the overflowing of the Rogozen dam, the mayor of the municipality Todor Aleksiev told the Bulgarian National Radio.
Rogozen Dam is the last point of a cascade with 15 water basins, catchment area for Vratsa region. Borovan neighboring municipality informed Haiderin about the dangerous rise in water levels late last night.
An emergency group has worked at night to reduce the overflow. The dam has mounted siphon facilities, but their effect was insufficient. Alexeyev informed that with additional pumps a controlled release will be carried out. The people living near the dam in the villages of Botevo and Barzina will be evacuated preventively.
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Water in the Village of Kazanka is Checked For Uranium
- » The Strong Wind Literally Took Roofs of Houses Across the Country
- » Increased Cloud Throughout the Country, Light Rain in Some Places in Western Bulgaria
- » Rain in Southern and Eastern Bulgaria Today