The Energy and Water Regulatory Commission will not Allow a Sharp Increase in Electricity Prices
The Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (KEVR) will not allow a sharp increase in electricity prices. This was stated by the commission at an extraordinary briefing.
The three electricity distribution companies in Bulgaria - CEZ, EVN and North Electricity, announced that they want new electricity prices.
"At the same time, because of the sale of the CEZ, the price will rise sharply ... these are speculations if someone wants to implement political projects at the price of CEZ, there is no way to do so, "said Ivan Ivanov, chairman of the KEVR. Ivanov specified that he would be able to say what would be the increase in the electricity price after March 31st.
Every year, companies want a big increase, but we do not agree, he added.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik