UN: Fighting Continues in Syrian Rebel Enclave Despite Truce
Fighting continued in Syria's rebel-held enclave of Eastern Ghouta on Tuesday despite a "humanitarian pause" announced by Russia, the United Nations said, cited by AFP.
"Fighting continues this morning. That is what our reports from Eastern Ghouta tell us," a spokesman for the UN humanitarian office, Jens Laerke, told reporters in Geneva, adding that it was premature to discuss any relief operations for desperate civilians given the persisting clashes.
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018
- » Croatia Pushes Treaty on Violence Against Women Despite Protests
- » Palestinian Ahed Tamimi Accepts Prison Term Plea Deal
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Finally Addresses Cambridge Analytica Scandal