UN Resolution Against Iran was Blocked by Russia
The UN Security Council resolution, in which Iran has been named as an accomplice to the missile strikes of Yemeni rebels against Saudi Arabia, has been blocked by Russia, the news agencies reported. The draft document, filed with the United Kingdom, supported by France and the United States, provided for sanctions against Tehran due to arms supplies to the Hussites in violation of the embargo.
The Council approved another draft resolution proposed by Russia. With it, the arms embargo for Yemen is prolonged for a year, but no provision is made for measures against the violation of Iran's bans.
Russia's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Vasily Nebenzya , did not acknowledge the findings of the investigative case and said the guilt of Iran was unproven.
US Ambassador Nikki Hailey has accused the Kremlin of defending the Iranian regime.
British representative Jonathan Allen stressed that the panel's conclusions could not be ignored simply because they were politically uncomfortable with Moscow. In his words, Iran has to take responsibility for its actions.
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov will Represent the EU Council of G20 in Argentina
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
- » Europol: 800 People From the Western Balkans are in the Ranks of the "Islamic State"
- » The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
- » Part of Sofia is out of Water Because of a New Channel and Repairs
- » NATO Set To Begin Move To New Brussels Headquarters