Demonstration in Brussels to Support Migrants
The protesters expressed their solidarity and called on the Belgian government for a "more humane" migration policy. A bill is being discussed in the Belgian parliament to allow visits to private homes to detain a migrant who is ordered to leave the country.
The text was submitted by Jan Jambon, Minister of Security and Interior, from the center-right New Flemish Alliance. He triggered reactions of indignation and divided even the coalition government headed by Charles Michel.
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018
- » Croatia Pushes Treaty on Violence Against Women Despite Protests
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Macron Launches Drive to Boost French Language Around World
- » “I am Prepared to Go to Prison if Belgium Decides to Extradite Me,” says Puigdemont
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year