The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
Pope Francis retired to spiritual seclusion outside the Vatican.
He will take part in the so-called "Spiritual Exercises" with Cardinals and other high-ranking members of the Roman Curia - the administrative apparatus of the Holy See.
"I wish all the fruitful journey through the Great Fast, and I urge you to pray for me and my associates with whom we begin the Week of Spiritual Exercises," the Pope wrote on Twitter.
From this night to Friday morning, the clerics will find shelter at a religious institute in the city of Ariecha, about 30 km southeast of Rome.
- » Former Playboy Model Says Trump Tried to Pay her after Sex
- » Czech PM Babis Says will 'Probably' Expel Russian Spies
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018