German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
Bulgaria and Romania should not be admitted to Schengen. This was stated by the future prime minister of the German province of Bavaria Markus Söder.
"We need constant border control, and I hope you will forgive me, we do not want enlargement of the Schengen area and the inclusion of Bulgaria and Romania, this is the wrong signal," said Markus Söder, quoted by bTV.
Söder is one of Germany's most influential political leaders. He is a member of the Christian Social Union, the main partner of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. In the last 7 years he has been the Minister of Finance of Bavaria.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria is a Leader in Mortality in the EU
- » Bulgarian Minister for the Presidency Lilyana Pavlova signs key EU legislation to ensure its timely entry into force
- » Bulgaria has Accepted 60 Migrants from EU Quotas
- » The EC and the EP have Urged Member States to Ratify the Istanbul Convention
- » Bulgaria has Utilized only 16% of the Money from New EU Programs
- » Bulgaria Backs Increased Payments to Next EU Budget: Finance Minister