UK Police Investigating 'Incident' at Parliament
The Metropolitan Police are yet to release a statement.
“The police are currently investigating an incident on the parliamentary estate," a House of Commons spokesperson said without elaborating, according to Reuters.
A "heavy" presence of officers was reported on a ministerial corridor, which is below the House of Commons chamber, and where some government ministers have their offices.
A police spokesman said he was not immediately able to comment.
Britain's parliament is currently in recess, which means most ministers are not in Westminster.
The Palace of Westminster was not locked down and the main Carriage Gate entrance - the scene of the attack on Westminster last March - was open as normal.
Roads surrounding parliament have not been closed off.
One police source told the Independent the fact that only the corridor and not surrounding areas has been evacuated suggests officers are not treating the incident as a high security risk.
- » 10 People Died in the Collapse of a Residential Building in Cairo
- » Dozens Died After a Crash in Peru
- » 19 Children were Injured in a Car Accident in Germany
- » Body of an Elderly Man Emerged on the Burgas Beach
- » Avalanche Buried Ten People in Switzerland
- » Dead Man was Found on the Street in Targovishte