European Parliament Creates New 'Tax Crimes' Committee
The European Parliament is to create a special new committee on "financial crimes, tax evasion and tax avoidance", it announced Thursday, Reuters.
In addition to looking at the recent Paradise Papers revelations from November 2017, it will have a 13-point remit, including tax avoidance by the digital economy and "national schemes providing tax privileges for new residents or foreign income", VAT fraud, plus member states' own tax breaks within single market.
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Bulgaria’s Q4 Household Spending Rises 13%
- » Environment Minister Signs Contracts for Construction of Waste Handling Plants
- » UK to Seek EU Mutual Recognition Deal For Financial Services
- » Bitcoin is Currently over $10,000
- » Liza Minnelli Auctions Cabaret Outfit in Huge 'Downsizing' Sale