"Curiosity" Showed New Impressive Footage from Mars (Photos)
The Curiosity rover on Mars sent Earth the most complete panorama of the surface of the Red Planet, Nova TV reported
For the first time, the machine is taking photographs behind itself. The panorama shows the large crater in which Curiosity moves, Nova TV adds.
For 5 and a half years since it's on the next planet, the Curiosity rover has gone a little over 17 kilometers.
It climbs the crater wall to explore the individual layers of rocks to try to understand why Mars has become from a relatively warm and damp planet into the cold desert that is today.
- » Russian Opposition Leader Navalny Briefly Held Ahead of March Election
- » Johannes Hahn: EU to Back Starting Entry Talks With Albania, Republic of Macedonia
- » Grenade Thrown at U.S. Embassy in Montenegro
- » Erdogan Ordered the Infidelity to be Forbidden by Law
- » Macron is Planning Tougher Rules on Asylum in France
- » Greece-Macedonia Name Row Edging Towards Solution, Says Merkel