Serbia and Montenegro have a Chance to Enter the EU by 2025
The European Commission intends to speed up the process of EU accession to the Western Balkan countries, according to Die Welt, quoted by BGNES.
These include the Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Republic of Kosovo. "The membership of the Western Balkan countries corresponds to the EU's political and economic interests," the EC said.
According to representatives of the European Commission, Serbia and Montenegro will join the EU by 2025.
"With strong political will, Montenegro and Serbia will be ready to become EU members when implementing reforms and regulating remaining issues with their neighbors" European officials.
At the same time, the EC considers it necessary to conclude a "legally binding agreement to normalize relations between Serbia and Kosovo".
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria
- » The Deputy Chief of the European Parliament has Been Removed Because of Insulting Opponents
- » George Soros Donated Money to Campaign For a Rerun of Britain's EU Referendum
- » The Race for Juncker's Successor at the Helm of the European Commission is Fueling Tensions
- » The EP has Made it Easier to Shop Online in Europe