Serbia and Montenegro have a Chance to Enter the EU by 2025
The European Commission intends to speed up the process of EU accession to the Western Balkan countries, according to Die Welt, quoted by BGNES.
These include the Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Republic of Kosovo. "The membership of the Western Balkan countries corresponds to the EU's political and economic interests," the EC said.
According to representatives of the European Commission, Serbia and Montenegro will join the EU by 2025.
"With strong political will, Montenegro and Serbia will be ready to become EU members when implementing reforms and regulating remaining issues with their neighbors" European officials.
At the same time, the EC considers it necessary to conclude a "legally binding agreement to normalize relations between Serbia and Kosovo".
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » People in Europe with least Trust in the Media are Populists
- » Eurovision 2018: This is the Running Order of the Grand Final!
- » What is Europe Day and is anyone Celebrating?