Because of the Wind a Plane to Sofia Landed in Bucharest
The strong wind yesterday caused problems at Sofia Airport. Ryanair's low-cost airline did not land on the track due to poor weather conditions, Nova TV reported.
It was flying from London to Sofia. It flew from the British capital at 16.50 local time and was supposed to land at 22.00 in the evening Bulgarian time, the flight should have gone for 3.35 hours.
After two attempts to land, the plane moved to Bucharest. The aerodrome authorities state that the action is undertaken at the discretion of the pilot. Passengers were transported to Sofia by buses.
At the moment the conditions surrounding the airport are normal and airplanes are landing unhindered.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO