The Taliban Control 70% of Afghanistan's Territory
The Taliban control 70% of Afghanistan, according to a study released by the BBC.
According to the TV network, the Taliban fully control 14 regions in the country and demonstrated regular activity, committing terrorist acts in other 263 regions. Most of the attacks are taking place in the eastern province of Nangahar. Another 122 areas are under the control of the government, but are also subject to attacks by the Taliban.
It is clear that the level of tensions in the region has increased since 2014 when the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan, known as ISAF, ceased operations in the country.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US