Schools in Sofia Are Closed From Today due to the Announced Flu Epidemic
A holiday begins for students in Sofia today due to the announced flu epidemic. They will return to school again on February 7th.
Until Wednesday, the schools in Haskovo and Yambol have been closed, and from today - in Sofia-region, Burgas and Gabrovo. In Pernik and Pazardzhik the epidemic has already passed.
Because of the flu waves, preventive examinations, vaccines, hospital visits, and counseling for children and women are limited.
The peak of the epidemic will be reached this week, and then it will start a sharp decline, according to the health authorities.
At present, the average morbidity is about 190 per 200,000 people. Probably by the end of the week, more areas will report a flu epidemic.
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases
- » About 10% of the Schools in the Country do not have an Assigned Nurse
- » Parents Organize a Protest to Save the Children's Cardiology Clinic
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: Currently, at Least 120,000 People in Bulgaria have the Flu