Trump is Ready to Testify on Charges of Collusion with Russia
US President Donald Trump said he was ready to be questioned by Special Prosecutor Robert Muller, investigating possible collusion between his election team and Russia for interference in the 2016 elections.
"I'm really looking forward to it," Trump said in a statement in The White House in front of media representatives.
"I would make it under oath," he added, quoted by Reuters. The US president reiterated that there was no consensus in his opinion. Trump has promised to cooperate with the investigation and his lawyers talk to Muller's team. The president, however, specified that he wants this to happen as soon as possible, but the date of the interview depends on his lawyers.
Earlier yesterday, Reuters reported that senior intelligence officers, including CIA headquarters Mike Pompeo, were questioned by Muller's team whether Trump had attempted to hinder justice. This indicates that investigating the alleged Russian interference in the election involves investigating the actions of the presidencies. The Kremlin denies the findings of US intelligence about Russian intervention in the US elections.
- » The Venezuelan Consulate in Miami may be Shut Down Because of Unpaid Rents
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Initiate Fighter Jet, Armored Vehicle Procurements this March
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Stoltenberg: Russia is Interfering with the Interior Affairs of the Balkan Countries
- » Sofia Municipality will Try to Reduce Advertising in the City Center