In Davos, Merkel says Isolation not the Answer
German Chancellor Angela Merkel told the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos on Wednesday that isolationism and protectionism were not solutions to the economic challenges facing countries around the world, reported Reuters.
Merkel also told the audience that she was open-minded about what kind of partnership the European Union would develop with Britain after Brexit, but noted that there could be no compromise on the EU’s core principles in those talks.
“We want a close partnership with the United Kingdom,” she said.
- » Bulgaria and Cape Verde will Cooperate in Tourism and Education
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume Military Exercises after the Olympics
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: President Rumen Radev Looks Troubled and Envious of PM Borisov
- » The Chancellor of Austria Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » The Foreign Ministry Working on Borisov-Trump Meeting
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions