The New Catalan Parliament Starts its Work Today
Today, the constituent meeting of the new Catalan Parliament will be held in Barcelona. In the early elections on 21 December, the nationalists received the most votes and again wanted to choose Carles Puigdemont as Prime Minister of the province.
It is expected today to make a formal statement. Yesterday, Carles Puigdemont was in Denmark to attend a conference on the future of Catalonia. From Copenhagen, the exiled leader said he would form a new government despite a ban on the Spanish authorities.
The Spanish Justice accuses Puchdemon of attempted rebellion, subversion and financial abuse of public funds to organize a referendum on independence.
Yesterday, however, the prosecution in Madrid failed to obtain a judge's permission for a new international arrest warrant for the former prime minister.
- » The Venezuelan Consulate in Miami may be Shut Down Because of Unpaid Rents
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Initiate Fighter Jet, Armored Vehicle Procurements this March
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Stoltenberg: Russia is Interfering with the Interior Affairs of the Balkan Countries
- » Sofia Municipality will Try to Reduce Advertising in the City Center