Pope Apologizes to Sexual Abuse Victims for Comments that "Wounded Many"
Pope Francis, in an extremely rare act of self-criticism, apologized to victims of clerical sexual abuse on Sunday, acknowledging that he had “wounded many” in comments defending a Chilean bishop who is under scrutiny./Reuters
But while the contrite pope regretted his choice of words and tone of voice when he testily answered a reporter’s question last Thursday in Chile, he also said he was certain that the prelate in question, Juan Barros, was innocent and would keep his job.
- » Syria: Turkey Hit Afrin with Chemical Projectiles
- » Three Turkish Journalists Sentenced to Life due to Relations with Gulen
- » Russia is Considering Banning Smartphones in the Army
- » Senate Blocks Immigration Plans
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Moscow Received a Letter with White Powder
- » Part of a Meteorite was Sold for Nearly USD 240,000