Spain Accused Shakira of Tax Evasion
Spanish tax authorities urged Colombian singer Shakira to be prosecuted for unpaid taxes during the 2011-2014 period, AFP reported, citing the Vanguardia newspaper.
The tax authorities believe that Shakira, who has Spanish citizenship, has not paid several tens of millions of euros in taxes. Judicial authorities must decide whether or not the singer should be prosecuted. If she is found guilty, she may be sentenced to two years. "It's about different criteria, not tax frauds," said sources from Shakira's environment but that there are "technical issues" that the singer was willing to solve.
- » A Breakthrough in uTorrent Puts at Risk the Safety of Millions of Users
- » Cybercrime Hurting Businesses to Tune of $600 billion
- » A man was Found Murdered This Night in the Lyulin District
- » Armed Men Robbed a Casino
- » Dervish Drove a Van into a Group of Policemen in Tehran, Killing Three
- » Thief has Returned a Cello Worth 1.3 Million Euros