Sofia Municipality is Working to Introduce a "Green Ticket"
Sofia Municipality is working to introduce a "Green Ticket", which is valid in the days of serious pollution of air cleanliness. This is what Yordanka Fandakova, mayor of Sofia, told BNT.
According to her, the biggest problem with air pollution is the heating of solid fuel. The development of the gas transmission and district heating network is the long-term solution.
The metropolitan municipality is working intensively, investing in projects that will permanently solve: improving urban transport, replacing heating installations in municipal buildings, developing the green system, and in the draft budget we have pledged more washing and cleaning of the streets, added Fandakova.
20 electric buses will be purchased, the first to run on Sofia streets. Over 50% of old buses have been replaced over the last 3 years.
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Sofia Municipality will Try to Reduce Advertising in the City Center
- » “Blue Room” for Hearing of Child Victims of Crime Opened in Vratsa
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman will Now be Elected by Open Ballot System