Blast Injures Several in Belgium, Terrorism Ruled Out
An explosion injured several people and brought down a residential building in the Belgian city of Antwerp on Monday evening, police said, stressing the incident was not related to terrorism, Reuters reported.
Belgian news agency Belga reported five people had been injured. Antwerp police said two adjacent buildings might have also been damaged in what state broadcaster RTBF said was a gas explosion.
Belgium has been on high alert since deadly suicide bombings in 2016 and a wave of Islamist attacks across Europe.
- » The Times: May U-Turn on Rights For EU Migrants After Brexit
- » Nationalism in Heart of Europe Needles EU
- » Brussels is Discussing the EU Budget after Brexit
- » Johannes Hahn: EU to Back Starting Entry Talks With Albania, Republic of Macedonia
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria