Blast Injures Several in Belgium, Terrorism Ruled Out
An explosion injured several people and brought down a residential building in the Belgian city of Antwerp on Monday evening, police said, stressing the incident was not related to terrorism, Reuters reported.
Belgian news agency Belga reported five people had been injured. Antwerp police said two adjacent buildings might have also been damaged in what state broadcaster RTBF said was a gas explosion.
Belgium has been on high alert since deadly suicide bombings in 2016 and a wave of Islamist attacks across Europe.
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » People in Europe with least Trust in the Media are Populists
- » Eurovision 2018: This is the Running Order of the Grand Final!
- » What is Europe Day and is anyone Celebrating?