Belgian Fighters Escort Russian Bombers Across the North Sea
Two Belgian fighters F-16 were lifted in the air to escort two Russian strategic bombers Tu-160 over the North Sea. A Belgian newspaper citing a source from the army said.
There is no formal confirmation of the information so far, according to TASS.
According to the Belgian press, from mid-last week, Belgium is responsible for the security of the airspace of the Benelux countries. Earlier in the morning, the British Defense Ministry reported to TASS that Typhoon fighters were picked up to escort Russian aircraft.
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
- » PM: The North Atlantic Treaty Remains the Main Guarantor For the Collective Defense of European Allies
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Security and Defense Are a Global Problem
- » Borisov: There is no Better Protected Border than the One Between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » The United States will Transfer Military Equipment Worth USD 1.3 billion to Europe
- » ATO: Even Without Territories, the "Islamic State" Remains a Threat