Moscow Accused the Director of the CIA of Lying
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zaharova accused CIA chief Mike Pompeo of lying that Russia for decades intervened in the US elections.
"The strongest evidence that this is false is that over the past decades, US Special Envoy and Officials have never made such a statement or raised such questions to Russia," she wrote in Facebook occasion of a TV interview with Pompeo.
"There was no story about this until the US electoral system made Trump president, and that's when all this started, the groundless accusations, the search for an outside enemy, the complaint of the Kremlin's hand," Zaharova, quoted by the agencies.
In an interview for CBS the director of the CIA responded affirmatively to the question of whether the Russians had tried to undermine US presidential elections in 2016. "Yes. "We have an important function as part of the US national security team to keep the US elections safe, secure, and democratic." "We have an important role as part of the US national security team to keep US elections safe, secure and democratic. We are working hard on this. So we will work against the Russians or anybody else who threatens this, "said the CIA chief.
By January last year, US intelligence chief James Clapper and head of the National Security Agency, Admiral Michael Rogers, confirmed to the Senate Armed Forces Commission the accusations that the White House imposed sanctions on Russia and expelled 35 Russian diplomats. Intelligence believes Moscow has intervened in the election process to help Republican candidate Donald Trump win against his Democratic party opponent, Hillary Clinton.
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela
- » Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich has to Prove the Origin of his Money to Obtain a British Visa