200,000 Cars Produced over 10 Years Ago were Bought by Bulgarians in 2017
Last year, for every new vehicle purchased five were second hand, more than ten years old as well, according to the Traffic Police, according to the daily Dnevnik. Total fleet in the country has grown by 306,421 vehicles, vans, minibuses, trucks, buses and motorcycles. Among them the brand new are 39 094. Manufactured more than ten years ago are almost 200 thousand motor vehicles.
As of 1 January this year there are over 3.44 million vehicles in all categories in Bulgaria. Most are cars - more than 2.77 million. Freight cars are nearly 373,000, and mopeds and motorcycles are almost 180,000. Buses are nearly 21,000. Of the entire fleet, 1.34 million vehicles are more than 20 years old and 1.04 million were produced between 15 and 20 years ago.
In Bulgaria there are only 3487 hybrids and only 384 electric cars.
A look at the fuel used by the fleet shows that almost 1.4 million vehicles rely on gasoline. Diesel fills nearly 1.2 million vehicles
There are a total of 171 338 vehicles on propane-butane and methane, according to the Ministry of Interior. This too small number can be explained by the fact that only the cars relying on gas at the moment of their registration at the Traffic Police stations, but not those processed after their purchase, fall into the figure.
- » Bulgarians will be Able to Travel for Longer without Visas to Six Island States
- » Nearly 30% of the Bulgarian Business Expects Negatives from Brexit
- » Lidl will Open at least Seven New Stores in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Lidl will Reduce Plastic in its Products with 20% by 2025.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture