Germany Says Iranian Protesters Deserve Respect
Germany said on Wednesday it was following developments in Iran with concern but stressed that protesters there demonstrating against economic hardship deserved respect, Reuters reported.
“The federal government considers it legitimate when people courageously protest their economic and political woes on the streets as is happening in Iran at the moment and they have our respect,” said government spokeswoman Ulrike Demmer.
She urged Iranian authorities to initiate dialogue with the protesters and to respond proportionately to demonstrators who engage in violence, adding that Germany was alarmed by reports of deaths in six days of unrest.
- » Gas Leak in Central London Closes Train Station, Hotels Evacuated
- » Threats Now on Europe’s DOORSTEP – Pay up or RISK Normal Britons, Army Chief to Warn
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe
- » The EU and Turkey are Preparing a Summit in Late March
- » UK Pledges Extra £44m for Channel Border Security
- » Juncker Says Would Like Britain Rejoin EU After Brexit