The United States has Drastically Cut off the UN Operational Budget
The United States will reduce the UN's two-year operating budget by $ 285 million. This was stated by US Permanent Representative at the UN, Niki Hailey, Fox News reported. "UN inefficiencies and over-spending are well-known," Haley said. "We will no longer allow abuse of the generosity of the American people, or it will remain uncontrolled."
She added that "this historical cost cut - in addition to many other initiatives for a more effective and responsible UN - is a big step in the right direction." The UN budget now covers a two-year period starting in January of the even-numbered year. After the UN General Assembly last week convicted Donald Trump's decision to move the embassy and recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Hailey and other US officials promised to reconsider the role of the United States in the organization, including the size of its financial contributions.
- » CEM will Check if There is Censorship and Pressure in the Bulgarian National Television
- » PM Borisov had a Meeting with the Russian Ambassador
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » The New Catalan Parliament Starts its Work Today