A Powerful Bomb Explosion in Athens
The Appeals Court in the Greek capital Athens has been shaken by a powerful bomb explosion last night, BBC reports referring to the Greek media.
The explosion has shocked the inhabitants of the Greek capital, as the rumble has been heard at a very long distance.
There are no data about hurt and injured people so far. Before the explosion there was a telephone call and the area was blocked by the police.
An unknown person phoned at 2:50 am in the Editors' office newspaper and on the Zungla website, saying that a bomb in the Court of Appeals would erupt within 40 minutes. On-site explosive devices were brought in to collect data to determine the type of bomb and to find the attackers.
Authorities believe it is a terrorist act. In front of Sky TV, a police official has confirmed that the blast has caused serious damage to the court building and buildings near it, added bTV.
- » A Man was Found Shot in an Underground Car Park in Burgas
- » North Korea Bus Crash Could Be Worst Chinese Tourist Incident in Years
- » Large Oil Refinery in Texas is on Fire
- » Injured Police Officers in Violent Clashes in Paris (Video)
- » Dozens Injured in Train Accident in Austria
- » Passenger died after an engine explosion blew out a window mid-flight