The Ombudsman Raises the Question of the Increased Cost of Water to the Prosecution
The decision of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (CEWR) to increase the cost of water is illegal and this can be proven before the court. This was announced by bTV on Tuesday Ombudsman Maya Manolova.
KEVR does whatever they want, uses manipulation, added Manolova. She will address today the Supreme Administrative Prosecutor's Office, which will present her analysis, and hopes the prosecution to protest the new prices.
"It uses criteria to ensure maximum water costs so that water companies can collect as much money as possible from people and maximize their profits," Manolova said. If correct data on the average monthly income of the NSI population is used, there are no grounds for raising the water price in three districts of the country - Montana, Kardzhali and Silistra, the Ombudsman announced.
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
- » Part of Sofia is out of Water Because of a New Channel and Repairs
- » The Movement Around the National Palace of Culture will be Difficult
- » The Monument of Buzludzha is Among the Seven Most Endangered in Europe
- » Bulgaria's Jobless Rate Edges Down m/m in Feb
- » Bulgaria Provides EUR 200,000 to Support Refugees from Syria