The Neighborhood and Friendship Agreement Between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria Will be Ratified in January
The Neighborhood and Friendship Agreement between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria, signed on 1 August by the Prime Ministers of both countries Zoran Zaev and Boyko Borisov, will be ratified by parliament in January.
This was stated by the Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi during a meeting with Bulgarian Vice President Iliyana Yotova.
Ratification has been delayed due to changes in the leadership of the main opposition party VMRO-DPMNE.
On 23 December, an extraordinary Congress is expected to replace the current head Nikola Gruevski. Vice-President Yotova stressed that the treaty for Bulgaria is not just a simple document, but an agreement of great importance, which will unblock bilateral relations in many sectors.
The meeting of Vice President Iliyana Yotova with Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev starts at the Council of Ministers in Skopje.
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria