Putin Says will Run as Independent Candidate For New Kremlin Term
Russian President Vladimir Putin, seeking a new term in office in a March election, said on Thursday he would run as an independent candidate while hoping for support from more than one political party, according to Reuters.
Putin, 65, told an annual news conference that Russia’s political system must be competitive, but the opposition lacked a strong candidate to challenge him because his opponents, while creating a lot of noise, had very little to offer the nation.
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
- » Private Armies will be Legalized in Russia
- » Religious Propaganda in Russia Pushes People to the Supernatural
- » A Surprising Contraction of the Russian Economy in November 2017
- » Vladimir Putin: Russia is Ready to Hand Over to Ukraine the Ships and Aviation from Crimea