Kurz Close to Forming New Austrian Right-Wing Government
Two months after the election, 31-year-old conservative People's Party (OVP) leader Sebastian Kurz is expected to finalise coalition talks on Friday and form a new government with the hard-right Freedom Party of Austria (FPO) led by Heinz-Christian Strache, reported EUObserver .
Kurz is set to present his new government in Brussels next Wednesday. In 2000 EU governments imposed sanctions on Austria because the FPO was part of the Austrian government.
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe
- » The EU and Turkey are Preparing a Summit in Late March
- » UK Pledges Extra £44m for Channel Border Security
- » Juncker Says Would Like Britain Rejoin EU After Brexit
- » France Will Not Allow Another Refugee Camp in Calais, Says Macron
- » PM May's Spokesman: Britain Will be Leaving the EU